World has woken up to the benefits of extra virgin olive oil in the last few years and how! Extra virgin olive oil is the oil that is obtained from the first pressing of rich, lush olives. This oil is obtained by ways of cold pressing; that is no chemical mechanisms are involved herein. Needless to add here that, this oil is not only the most nutritious amongst all olive oil types, but is also a front runner amongst the best oils for cooking consumption.
Though native to Greece, olive oil is finding die hard fans all over the world now. This is because this oil is great for intake and also for application as well. Extra virgin olive oil comes with humungous benefits; some of these are enlisted below:
- Heart and brain health: Extra virgin olive oil is a mono saturated fat and hence is excellent for heart health. In addition, it is an excellent source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, so critically required for brain health.
- Keeps bone healthy: Extra virgin olive oil helps the body in absorbing calcium effectively. This goes a long way in minimizing the risks of osteoporosis.
- It decreases both systolic and diastolic blood pressure in patients.
- Other than these benefits, this oil also helps in mitigating the risks associated with Alzheimer’s, stroke, obesity, and cancer.
Other than health benefits, extra virgin olive oil offers some excellent beauty benefits too.
- Regular massage of hair and scalp with this oil stimulates hair growth.
- This is an excellent moisturizer. Adding a few drops of olive oil in your face cream or even applying plain works wonders for skin tone, this being an excellent source of Vitamins A, D K and E.
- This oil can be used every which ways in beauty applications, be it for pre-shampoo treatment, for d-i-y face scrubs, face creams and hair oils. This oil also makes an effective rash treatment solution (provided the user is not allergic to it), cuticle conditioning and for cracked heels too!
With such amazing benefits, this oil is a must have in every pantry.